SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 22 Jun 2012
ATTENDEES: Clark, Wes, M/Gen, USAF (Ret), President; Gray, Ron, B/Gen, USAF (Ret), Vice President; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Secretary-Treasurer; Gail Whalen, DAFC, Museum, Director/Curator; Paul Brown, MSgt USAF (Ret); Jim Henderson; Dick Burns, USA (Vet); Ron McClelland, Major, USAF (Ret); Al Horne, USAF Vet; Dave Austin, CMSGT USAF (Ret), John Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret), Jim Swalley, LT USN (Ret); Bruce Long, SMSgt USAF (Ret), Ron Solomon, USAF Vet, Norm Moyer, SMSgt, USAF (Ret), and Tonia Shaw, USA Vet. and Dom Gastelum, A1C, USAF
OPENING REMARKS: CLARK welcomed new volunteer A1C Dom Gastelum, 302 AWG, and a new Docent.
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 27 April 2012 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (WEAVER):
- As of 31 May 2012 Reviewed and approved.
- Cash Available: $43,527
- Income to date: $12,222
- Expenditures: $11,181
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (WHALEN):
- As of 31 May 2012
- No Accessions during CY 2012
- 3,973 Volunteer hours during CY 2012
- 6,540 Visitors during CY 2012
(4) Web Site (McCLELLAND):
- 176,206 hits on the PASMF Home Site.
- 7,567 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site. One hundred and three individuals honored.
- Updated Canadian Forces & NCO Academy work day, PASM Docent tour of CMAFS, and Foundation Newsletter (June 12) added.
(5) Restoration Work (SWALLEY)
- Provided pictures of the wings of the F-4. Work also continues on the Vela Model...
2. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (WHALEN):
(1) HQs NORTHCOM donated (Quality of Life monies); 22K to paint the EC-121T and 67K for upgrade of exhibits in the City Hangar.
(2) CMAFS Tour well received. KUDOS to Bob CENIC...
(3) 21SW and 21 CES Commanders visited the Broadmoor Hangar and Terminal Building to evaluate the needs to continue the upgrades in the Hangar and flooding problem in the Terminal Building basement. Study design presentation package from CES due back to the Wing commander by 26 Jul 12. CES will design a system to contain rain water runoff from reaching the Terminal Building foundation.
(4) Five new volunteers. They are Earl Guidry (Docent), Roxanne McGaffigan (Public Affairs), Dom Gastelum (Docent), Rollie Yocum (Special Projects), and Kevin Hildebrand (Special Projects). We need to keep looking for more volunteers.
(5) A raccoon is nesting with her family in the nose gear well of the CF-100. The family will be removed after the babies are older. Please stay clear of the aircraft.
(6) Diane Vulcan (Graphic Designer) is back in town and is updating the posters in the ICBM Exhibit. Almost complete.
(7) Bruce LONG is the lead for a special exhibit in the City Hangar for the EC-121T reunion in August.
(8) Gail WHALEN will be TDY to National Museum of the Air Force during July working on the new AF Instruction for Museums.
(9) Dick BURNS will host a PASM information table at the 28 July Retiree Appreciation Day. Will need help.
(10) Gail Whalen will pick up more radios for the Docents (OPEN).
(11) Open discussion about new tour schedule.
(12) Open discussion about required training for Museum Volunteers. (OPEN)
(13) Ron SOLOMON discussed some options for the Donation Box (OPEN)
(14) Jeff NASH will work on turning in items to DMRO. (OPEN)
B. Presidentís Comments (CLARK):
(1) CLARK discussed the recent announcement of the President, Vice President, and Secretary/Treasurerís resignations effective NLT 31 December 2012. He provided rational for the officers departure and urged the volunteers to consider an appointment to the upcoming vacancies.
(2) CLRK also shared his recent meeting with Wing Commander and their walk through of the Museum. .
3. NEXT MEETING:
0900hrs, 31 August 2012.
EDWARD W. WEAVER