ATTENDEES: Wes Clark, M/Gen USAF (Ret); Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer; Gail Whalen, DAFC, Museum Director; Dick Burns, E-5 USA (Vet); Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Jack McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret); Ron Solomon, Col, USAF (Ret); John Brown, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Paul Brown, MSGT USAF (Ret); Jane Newman, DAFC, Ret; John Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret); John Cawood, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Frank Stampf, Col, USAF (Ret); Ron McClelland, Major, USAF (Ret); Erv Smalley, SMGT, USAF (Ret); Jim Bowden; and Ginger
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 30 Jul10 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 30 Jul 10
- Cash Available: $28,187
- Income to date: $15,557
- Expenditures: $11,456
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours &Visitors Numbers (Weaver):
- As of 30 Jul 10
- 49 Accessions during CY 2010
- 4,764 Volunteer hours during CY 2010
- 12,938 Visitors during CY 2010
(4) Web Site (Smalley & McClelland):
- 137,948 hits as of 30 Jul 10
- Posted pictures of Concert in the Park & Adopt-A-Plane/Missile cleaning
- Created a new Foundation web site-Air Defense Galaxy of Stars
- Cost is 48 dollars for 2 years
- Posted on line 14 Aug-already has 650 hits
- Effort started 5 Years ago
- KUDOs to Jack McKinney, Erv Smalley, and Ron McClelland (Web Master)
(5) Restoration Work (Weaver)
- Terry Galbreath doing well after surgery and still working on the F-5
- Still looking for help.
(6) Concert in the Park (Whalen):
7 Aug 10 in the
- Cost to the Foundation was 1,004 dollars.
- Served food for 150-200 people.
- KUDOs to all who helped.
- After Action Review was conducted (After the Staff Meeting).
- Recommendation of the Working Group-discontinue the event.
- Too much effort-too little people
- Look at a new event to replace Concert in the Park.
2. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (Whalen)):
- F-101 will be moved and painted after 28 Sep 10.
- 21 CES is helping turn in to DRMO and number of large items.
obtained an M-12 trainer. KUDOs Monte
- Oral History program going very well.
- Emergency funds obtained to replace the outer roof shell of the Old City Hangar. Work will begin 1 Sep 10. Hangar will be closed during repair work. ECD: 30 days.
- New Lt Peterson Exhibit almost complete
B. OPEN DISCUSSION:
Cawood reported that a new POW-MIA exhibit is about to open at the
3. CLOSING REMARKS:
(1) 0900hrs, 24 Sept 2010, Broadmoor Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer