SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 30 March 2012
ATTENDEES: Clark, Wes, M/Gen, USAF (Ret), President; Gray, Ron, B/Gen, USAF (Ret), Vice President; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Secretary-Treasurer; Gail Whalen, DAFC, Museum, Director/Curator; Jeff Nash, Assít Director/Curator; Brown, Paul MSgt USAF (Ret); Jim Henderson; Brown, John, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); McKinney, Jack CMSgt USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt USAF (Ret); McClelland, Ron Major, USAF (Ret); Scanlan, Tom, Lt Col, USAF (Ret); Horne, Al, USAF Vet; and James OíNeil.
OPENING REMARKS: CLARK called the meeting to order in the Conference Room.
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 27 Jan 2012 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (WEAVER):
- As of 29 February 2012 Reviewed and approved.
- Cash Available: $41,186
- Income to date: $5,740
- Expenditures: $5,073
(3) Black Gang (GRAY):
- Work continues in the Broadmoor Hangar.
- City Hangar Floor needs to be repainted-schedule for the last week in April...
(4) Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (WHALEN):
- As of 29 February 2012
- No Accessions during CY 2012
- 1.591 Volunteer hours during CY 2012
- 1,436 Visitors during CY 2012
(5) Web Site (McCLELLAND):
- 171,324 hits on the PASMF Home Site.
- 6,926 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site. Ninety four individuals honored.
- Posted pictures of CF-101 and Medal of Honor Rededication Ceremony.
(6) Open Items:
- BURN produced seventeen DVDs for sale in the Gift Shop.
- Medal of Honor Rededication Ceremony (22 Mar 12) went well.
2. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (WHALEN):
(1) Volunteer/Donor Appreciation Day 23 April 2012
(2) Foundation has approved funding the repair of the Connieís upper radom (8.5K). Work scheduled to start 5 Apr 12.
(3) Looking for Connie taxi lights and placing UV treated plastic glass inside the cockpit windows.
(4) Will place a Museum exhibit at the COS Airport Jun-Aug 12.
(5) Col TRAILís DVD almost completed. Working on final details.
(6) Roof replacement on the Broadmoor Hangar funded (200+K) ESD: Summer 2012.
(7) Terminal Bldg foundation repair work funded. ESD: April 2012.
(8) Parking lot under repair.
(9) Jim Bowden released from the hospital. At home doing OK.
B. Newsletter: Inputs due to Jack MCKINNEY by mid May 12.
C. Erv Smalley Service: Scheduled for 1030, 28 Apr 12 at the Shrine of Rest.
3. NEXT MEETING:
0900hrs, 27 April 2012.
EDWARD W. WEAVER