SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs,
29 March 2013
ATTENDEES: Moorhead, Wally, Lt.Gen. USAF (Ret); Austin, Dave, CMSgt, USAF (Ret); Brown, John, Lt.Col, USAF (Ret); Brown, Paul, MSgt, USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); Galbreath, Terry, Maj., USAF (Ret); Gray, Ron, B.Gen. USAF (Ret); Grier, John, MSgt, USAF (Ret); Jensen, Sid, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Horne, Al, USAF (Vet); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Solomon, Ron, USAF (Vet); Re, Rosemary, Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director; Nash, Jeff, DAFC, Assít Director; Dr. Frank Miller, guest.
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Moorhead
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
- 22 February 13 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (Henderson):
- Financials at 28 February 13 reviewed and approved. (Attached)
- Cash balance 28 February 13: $50,927
- Income YTD: $7,185
- Expenditures YTD: $3,120
- Donations YTD: $5,970 (in Income); Donation Box Feb 13, $100.
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Whalen):
- 657 Volunteer hours during Feb 13 & 735 in Mar 13
- 733 Visitors at Peterson during Feb 13 & 724 in Mar 13
(4) Modeling: F-4, etc. (Galbreath):
- The seven projects in the works were reviewed.
(5) Web Site (McClelland):
- 1,863 hits on the PASMF Home Site during Mar 13.
- 187 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site during Mar 13.
(6) OPEN ITEMS:
- Sequestration now expected to start in June. Staff will be on a four day per week schedule. Museum days open will not be affected.
- The Air Force funds are $7,000 budgeted (not funded). The PASM Foundation has agreed to fund the $10,002 bid for the EC-121.
- Facilities management: Broadmoor hangar roof repair cut. Landscape funds cut.
- Volunteer recruitment and training: We will need more volunteers to meet expected increase in visitors. Attendance at various evening events considered to spread the word. Password for training items on website is connie_425. Whalen will work with Ron Grayís training committee to set up program.
2. NEW BUSINESS:
- Whalen expressed thanks to the volunteer staff for tours and public relations work.
- Burns would like to have photos of Ent AFB in the early days to be displayed at what is now the USOC training center.
Meeting adjourned 1015 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
26 April 2013, 0900h, Museum Conference Room
James H Henderson