SUBJECT: Minutes of
28 June 2013
ATTENDEES: Brown, John, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); Grier, John, MSgt, USAF (Ret); Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Horne, Al, USAF (Vet); Long, Bruce, SMSgt, USAF (Ret), Treasurer; McClelland, Ron, Maj., USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Solomon, Ron, USAF (Vet); Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director;
REMARKS: Meeting called to order
1. OLD BUSINESS:
- Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 31 May 13 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review
- Financials at 31 May 13 reviewed and approved. (Attached)
- Cash balance 31 May 13: $46,562
- Income YTD: $15,654
- Expenditures YTD: $11,651
- Donations YTD: $10,941 (included in Income and contains $2,650 in-kind); Donation Box Apr 13, $295.
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Whalen):
- 4300 (est) Volunteer hours YTD 30 Jun 13 v. 5047 in 2012
- 6950 Visitors at Peterson YTD 30 Jun 13 v. 9605 in 2012
(4) Web Site (McClelland):
- 1737 hits on the PASMF Home Site during Jun 13.
- 2203 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site during Jun 13.
(5) Open Items (Whalen):
- The Broadmoor Hangar renovation planning document final version was presented and reviewed. The estimated renovation cost is $1.64 million, not including an estimated $250,000 for exhibit costs. The planning number should be approximately $2 million.
The 21SW commander put the Broadmoor Hangar roof repair in this year’s construction budget and indicated that the Wing will petition to add the road connection from Peterson Blvd. to the Broadmoor Hangar and landscaping to the 2014 MILCON budget.
The Base Civil Engineer will work with the Museum Director and 21SW Comptrollers to create a way to Phase some of the estimated costs of the Broadmoor Hangar renovation. This needs to be ready by September 2013 for the Foundation Board of Directors to help plan the capital campaign.
Use of the facility for fundraising is being considered.
- The trip to Canon AFB for the F-101 landing gear will be on July 14-15.
- Painting of the black surfaces on the EC-121 is in progress.
- The Challenger Learning Center will be at Peterson on July 6. Discussions about our hosting the STEM Fair will be conducted.
- The national AF Museum system has endorsed Peterson getting the CF-18 from the Canadian Air Force. Estimated delivery in the spring of 2014 if approved.
- Sequester update: Gail takes Fridays off, Jeff takes Mondays
2. NEW BUSINESS
Curator Update (Whalen)
- Lt. Peterson’s daughter will be on the base on 2 July to visit the museum and learn more about her father.
- Long discussed the possibility of using PayPal for Gift Shop purchases as well as donations and membership dues.
- Dick Burns showed some sample picture montages for use at the USOC.
- Mike Miller asked about the results of the recent IG visit. Gail reported that the Museum got “Outstanding” and that the write-up specifically mentioned the volunteer staff. Gail and Jeff got the “Professional Performer Team Award”.
Meeting adjourned 1000 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
26 July 2013, 0903h, Museum Conference Room
James H Henderson