MUSEUM TOUR & AERIAL PHOTOS
OFF MUSEUM COMPLEX DISPLAYS
1) MINUTEMAN III ICBM, CORNER OF OTIS ST AND PETERSON BLVD
Air Force Space Command (AFSPC), headquartered here at Peterson AFB, commanded our land based intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) forces for 9 years. When AFSPC relinquished command of the ICBM force in 2009, this Minuteman III was the last ICBM in use—and still is today.
2) F-104C STARFIGHTER, CORNER OF STEWART AVE AND PETERSON BLVD
3) F-102A DELTA DAGGER, CORNER OF STEWART AVE AND SUFFOLK ST
4) P-40E WARHAWK, CORNER OF PETERSON BLVD AND ENT AVE
5) F-101B VOODOO, CORNER OF PETERSON BLVD AND HAMILTON ST
This Spanish Mission style house was built in 1929 as the original City Municipal Airport manager’s residence. It was also used as the airfield’s ticket office and waiting room, until the formal passenger Terminal was built in 1941. Although it is part of our historic district, it is not on the museum tour.