Colorado Spring’s first airport passenger terminal (built in 1941) retains its beautiful structural details from the Art Deco architectural movement. Glazed tiles, fluted columns, stepped back facades and stylized eagles decorate the entryways. Inside the building, curved concrete walls, period lighting fixtures, and elaborate tile details in the restrooms prove that the City of Colorado Springs wanted this to be a showplace.
It currently serves as the entry point to the Historic District and Museum complex. This structure houses the Museum store, theater, and exhibits pertaining to early Colorado Springs aviation, WWII Peterson Field, and an introduction to the Colorado Springs Municipal Airport Historic District.