DAYS/HOURS OF OPERATION:
10:00AM – 3:00PM, Tuesday through Friday
CLOSED SATURDAY* THROUGH MONDAY AND FEDERAL HOLIDAYS
*Saturday Tours by Appointment Only.* (Please see Saturday tour instructions below)
MUSEUM TOUR APPOINTMENTS:
Visitors With Department of Defense ID: You may escort non-DOD members only in your vehicle. They will need to carry a valid state or federal photo ID. If you have more than 10 persons in your party, call the museum office or email us.
Visitors Without Department of Defense ID:
Visitors Without Department of Defense ID: You must request an appointment before 1:00pm Mountain Standard Time three full business days before your intended visit date. On the day of your approved visit, proceed to the Visitor Control Center. All adults (18 years old and up) must go into the VCC and sign-in to get your paper pass. Vehicle driver must be able to present vehicle registration, insurance and a valid driver’s license. Other adults must also have either a valid driver’s license, or passport, or state issued photo ID when they sign in.
You may use the following address in your navigation system to assist you in locating the VCC: 1334 West Stewart Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80914.
For visitors escorting school groups or persons with physical or other challenges, proceed directly to the West/Main Gate. Your information will be listed on an Entry Access List (EAL) for the museum. Ensure all adults have photo ID ready, and vehicle drivers have proof of insurance and registration available for Security Forces to view.
- To request your pass, email us at email@example.com
Include the following:
- A point of contact name, email address and phone number
- The date and time of your visit
- The full names and dates of birth of all attendees 18 years of age or older
- The number of children under 18 years old
- The driver’s license number and state off issue for each person (18 or older) or a state/federal issued ID number and state off issue
Foreign Visitors: Follow the same procedures above. Include full name, passport number, country of issue, and home residence address.
- For groups of 20 – 50 persons only. Tours will last up to 2 ½ hours.
- Tours must be arranged at least 2 weeks in advance. All participants must arrive together and depart together at the pre-arranged times.
- On the day of the approved tour, proceed directly to the West/Main Gate for entry. Ensure all adults have photo ID ready, and vehicle drivers have proof of insurance and registration available for Security Forces to view.
INCLEMENT WEATHER: For any visit or tour, the Museum director may contact individuals or tour group’s point of contact up to 6:00PM the day before the scheduled visit/tour to cancel due to inclement weather. FIREARMS, WEAPONS AND DRUGS ARE PROHIBITED: Visitors found with firearms, weapons or drugs will be turned over to the Colorado Springs police department. DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Drive east on Airport Road (from Powers Boulevard intersection) to Stewart Ave, then turn right onto Stewart Ave. The Visitor Control Center (VCC) is on the right side of the road near the West/Main Gate. Visitors without DOD ID must go to the VCC to receive a base visitor pass. All visitors then proceed to the Gate and after you have been cleared by the guards, continue on Stewart Ave to the intersection with Peterson Boulevard. Turn right onto Peterson Blvd. The turn left onto Ent Ave. Parking is available in front of the entrance of the Museum at 150 E. Ent Ave.