DAYS/HOURS OF OPERATION:
10:00AM – 3:00PM, Tuesday through Friday
CLOSED SATURDAY* THROUGH MONDAY AND FEDERAL HOLIDAYS
*Saturday Tours by Appointment Only.* (Please see Saturday tour instructions below)
MUSEUM TOUR APPOINTMENTS: COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS: All visitors must wear a facemask inside buildings on base.
Visitors With Department of Defense ID: You may escort non-DOD members only in your vehicle. They will need to carry a valid state or federal photo ID. If you have more than 10 persons in your party, call the museum office or email us.
Visitors Without Department of Defense ID: You must request an appointment according to the chart below. We cannot accept requests after 1:00 pm Mountain Standard Time. On the day of your approved visit, proceed first to the Visitor Control Center with your ID, vehicle registration and vehicle insurance to receive your pass. VCC address is 1334 West Stewart Ave. Colorado Springs, CO 80914. Then proceed to the West/Main Gate to the Museum.
VISIT DATE: REQUEST BY:
Tuesday Friday the week prior
- To request your pass, email us at email@example.com
Include the following:
- A point of contact name, email address and phone number
- The date and time of your visit
- The full names and dates of birth of all attendees 18 years of age or older
- The number of children under 18 years old
- The driver’s license number and state off issue for each person (18 or older) or a state/federal issued ID number and state off issue
Foreign Visitors: You must request a visitor pass at least 1 day in advance of the table above. (For a Tuesday visit, please ensure information is submitted by 1:00PM Thursday prior.) Follow the same procedures above. Include full name, passport number, country of issue, and home residence address.
- For groups of 20 – 50 persons only. Tours will last up to 2 ½ hours.
- Tours must be arranged at least 2 weeks in advance. All participants must arrive together and depart together at the pre-arranged times.
- On the day of the approved tour, proceed directly to the West/Main Gate for entry. Ensure all adults have photo ID ready, and vehicle drivers have proof of insurance and registration available for Security Forces to view.
INCLEMENT WEATHER: For any visit or tour, the Museum director may contact individuals or tour group’s point of contact up to 6:00PM the day before the scheduled visit/tour to cancel due to inclement weather. FIREARMS, WEAPONS AND DRUGS ARE PROHIBITED: Visitors found with firearms, weapons or drugs will be turned over to the Colorado Springs police department. DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Drive east on Airport Road (from Powers Boulevard intersection) to Stewart Ave, then turn right onto Stewart. The Visitor Control Center is on the right side before entering the West Gate. After receiving your pass from the VCC, re-enter Stewart Ave and continue to the West Gate, then continue to the intersection with Peterson Boulevard. Turn right onto Peterson Blvd. Turn left at Ent Ave. Parking is available in front of the Museum entrance at 150 E. Ent Ave.