PETERSON AIR & SPACE MUSEUM FOUNDATION
VOLUNTEER STAFF MEETING
0900 Monday 29 Oct 2018
Broadmoor Hangar Meeting room
0900 CALL TO ORDER – 0900
Attendees: Jeff Nash (Deputy DAFC), John Brown, Bruce Long, Ron McClelland, Dick Burns, Linda Yepez, Gail Whalen (DAFC), Errol Reiner
Sep staff meeting minutes reviewed and revised
Sep staff meeting financials reviewed
Museum continues to have excellent ratings per web site comments
PASM Director’s report
Major base exercise in progress all this week – Be prepared, know evacuation route, review lock down and active shooter procedures
Saturday opening support ideas will be distributed to all volunteers for discussion
City Hanger – Continuing to look for contractor to rebuild interior walls
BROADMOOR HANGER STATUS
1. May not share with IG team
2. Museum will retain the exhibit hall
3. CE working on fixing the flood issues and modifying the landscape
4. Need to meet with Col. Moore and his team to ensure we are on the funded list for 21St SW projects.
5. Considering a Volunteer work day to finish putting up ceiling tiles and other projects
6. Working with Civil Engineering to get a breakout of dollars spent specifically for the Broadmoor Hangar. Need the estimate for the BOD to show how much the base has contributed and enable the BOD to proceed with fundraising
7. Need for Museum Foundation rep to be at any future meetings
AFCEC and CE reps met with Museum staff regarding itemized wall-to-wall project list for all of Museum buildings
1. To be used for 2019 21 SW Funded Project listings
2. Include figuring out how to use any $$ allocated to the Museum Foundation through a History Colorado Grant.
Aircraft funded for 2018 include: EB-57 Canberra, F-104 Starfighter, F-86 Sabre, F-89 Scorpion, and F-106 Delta Dagger. Work has started. F-104 Starfighter will be repainted in SE Asian Vietnam colors. The aircraft signage will be replaced with a story board to include information on the combat pilot who flew that aircraft. EB-57 will be repainted to reflect 1976 Bi-Centennial color scheme used by Air Defense Command for the 17th Defense System Evaluation Squadron.
SPECIAL EXHIBIT AREA IN CITY HANGAR
We are proofing the graphics and text, Vietnam mural completed, artifacts being installed and we expect to complete the installation in Nov. Would like to schedule an evening exhibit opening at Door R City Hangar. Request Museum Foundation compile a list of guests so we can start working entry access.
Work request to CE to evaluate method of installation has been initiated
1. Kay Pennay is attempting to schedule a Cheyenne Mountain tour for Docents and one guest.
2. Discussed having DOCENTS send out copies of the Museum newsletter to friends, etc. once it has been approved/published.
3. TASK. Once published, need Docents to hand out Museum newsletters.
4. Possible tour of Wings of the Rockies.
5. TASK. Gail to provide email to set up time for Docents to show up or group picture.
6. Medal of Honor celebration in discussions for a March 2019 event.
7. Discussed having a chili cook off in Jan/Feb timeframe