MUSEUM TOUR & AERIAL PHOTOS
Welcome to the award winning Peterson Air and Space Museum, Colorado’s oldest aviation museum.
It is the site of Colorado Spring’s first municipal airfield. The four original airfield structures, built between 1928 and 1941, still remain. In fact, three of those buildings anchor our museum complex, which includes an airpark and Medal of Honor park. Our Museum is named after 1st Lieutenant Edward J. Peterson, a World War II US Army Air Corps pilot and native son of Englewood, Colorado. Tragically, he perished after a crash on the airfield on August 9, 1942. The base was renamed in his honor in December that same year. The Museum today attracts over 20,000 military and civilian visitors annually, from all states and many foreign countries. Our buildings are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and create a prized state historic district right inside the active duty USAF base.