27 October 2014
ATTENDEES: Austin, Dave, CMSgt, USAF (Ret) ; Brown, John, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); Grier, John, MSgt USAF (Ret); Harris, Jim, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Pfennig, Tonya, USA (Vet); Nash, Jeff, DAFC, Deputy Director.
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by John Brown
1. OLD BUSINESS:
– Management Review;
a. Minutes Approval: (Brown)
– 29 September 14 Meeting Minutes reviewed.
b. Financial Review ( None available)
c. Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Brown):
– Volunteer Hours: 7,298 YTD Sep 14 v 6,488 YTD Sep 13 (12.5% incr)
– Visitors: 20,497 YTD Sep 14 v 15,252 YTD Sep 13 (34% incr).
d. Web Site, FB (Brown):
– Website Hits (& GOS): 24,937 YTD Oct 14 v 19,043YTD Oct 13(31% incr)
– Facebook views: 18,109 YTD Sep 14
e. Open Items:
2. NEW BUSINESS
– Curator Update (Nash)
– Reviewed the current painting work on 7 planes
– Open Discussion
– Burns announced that gift shop stock re-order has been sent in.
– Pfennig has received the new computer and scanner for archieves work.
– Austin pointed out that many items in the gift shop have had their signage improved.
– There will be no John-John-Gus party in November this year.
Meeting adjourned 0930 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
24 November 2014, 0900 hrs in the museum meeting room.
James H Henderson (and thanks to John Brown for covering for me)