SUBJECT: Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs,
29 June 2015
ATTENDEES: Austin, Dave; Blanshine, Janet; Brown, John; Burns, Dick; Cenci, Robert; Fox, Jimmie; Guidry, Earle; Henderson, Jim; Joiner, Jere; McClelland, Ron; Miller, Mike; Mogel, Jake; Moyer, Norm; Pfennig, Tonya; Silber, Carl; Solomon, Ron; Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director.
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Jim Henderson
1. OLD BUSINESS:
– Management Review;
a. Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
– 1 June 2015 Meeting Minutes reviewed.
b. Financial Review ( Henderson for Long)
Summary of Financials at 31 May 2015: Cash on hand $60,006; May 2015 YTD Income $9,932; May 2015 YTD Expenses $15,520; Net Cash Flow $-5,588.
c. Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers Through May 2015(Henderson):
– Volunteer Hours: 3,517 v 4,199 May 14
– Visitors: 5,784 v 8,913 May 14
d. Web Site, FB through April 15 (Data from McClelland & Nash):
– Website Hits: 12,803 v 11,735 May 14. A Trip Advisor contact has been added to the website.
– Facebook views: 16,147 v 9,724 May 14
2. NEW BUSINESS
Curator Update (Whalen)
– FPCON Bravo is still in effect. Term indefinite. Staff is working on methods to handle civilian visitors, Active and retired military may still bring escorted visitors. [Subsequent event: On 13 July, with FPCON Bravo still in effect, the restriction on civilian visitors was lifted].
– We need demographics on our visitors for use in the grant application for Broadmoor Hangar Renovation funding. Form will be furnished to the Terminal building office.
– Decals on the re-painted aircraft will be done as soon as weather permits.
– The meeting adjourned to the City Hangar for more review of procedures and exhibits.
Meeting adjourned 1030 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
The next Staff meeting is scheduled for 27 July at 0900.
Respectfully submitted, Jim Henderson, Secretary