SUBJECT: Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0901hrs,
30 March 2015
ATTENDEES: Brown, John, Lt. Col., USAF (Ret); Blanshine, Janet; Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); Grier, John, MSgt USAF (Ret); Harris, Jim, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Howells, Glynn, CMSgt, USAF (Ret); Joiner, Jere; Long, Bruce, SMSgt, USAF (Ret), Treasurer; McClelland, Ron, Maj., USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col., USAF (Ret); Mogel, Jake, Maj., USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Murphy, Joe, Maj., USAF (Ret); Pfennig, Tonya, USAF (Vet); Reed, Tracy, SMSgt (Ret), USAF; Silber, Carl; Schneider, James, Capt., USAF; Solomon, Ron, USAF (Vet); Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director.
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Jim Henderson
1. OLD BUSINESS:
– Management Review;
a. Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
– 26 January 2015 Meeting Minutes reviewed.
b. Financial Review ( Long)
Summary of Financials at 28 February 2015: Cash on hand $58,996; Feb 2015 YTD Income $766; Feb 2015 YTD Expenses $3,307; Net Cash Flow $-2541.
c. Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers Through Feb 15(Henderson):
– Volunteer Hours: 1,079 v 1,469 Feb 14
– Visitors: 1,265 v 1,938 Feb 14
d. Web Site, FB through March 15 (Data from McClelland& Nash):
– Website Hits: 6,482 v 6,785 Feb 14
– Facebook views: 11,165 v 4,804 Feb 14
– Mc Clelland will re-activate the guest registration for visitor passes on the website.
e. Open Items:
2. NEW BUSINESS
Curator Update (Whalen)
– The CF-18 is still expected in June. [Subsequent event: On 3 April, the Canadians said that the CF-18 will be delivered in November, 2015]
– Improvements in the exhibits in the City Hangar will be done in time for Volunteer Appreciation Day, April 27.
– No additional ceremonies will be booked into the City Hangar until July.
– New daily museum opening and closing checklists have been prepared and will be in the docent office.
– Starting in May, “Zone Defense” for handling visitors (as opposed to individual docent-guided tours) will be initiated.
– The STEM Fair will be August 29. Docent help will be needed.
-Tonya Pfennig discussed her work in the PASM archives and she and Whalen conducted a short, but fun-filled, guided tour of the artifact storage area. Items needed, and not needed, were discussed. It was noted that this is not an archive facility which is open to the public, but research requests can be accommodated.
-Bruce Long requested docent help in stocking water, etc. for docent staff and visitors in various locations on the museum property. Tracy Reed volunteered. Thank you, Tracy.
-Long also conducted a short course in the operation of the credit card machine in the gift shop.
Meeting adjourned 1130 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
The 27 April Staff meeting is cancelled – the Volunteer Staff meeting that evening will take its place.
The next Staff meeting is scheduled for 25 May.