SUBJECT: Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0901hrs,
7 February 2014
ATTENDEES: Austin, Dave, CMSgt, USAF (Ret); Brown, John, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); Cawood, John, Lt. Col USAF (Ret); Fox, Jimmie, Maj., USAF (Ret); Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Kleveno, Al, USN (Vet); McClelland, Ron, Maj., USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Silber, Carl; Solomon, Ron, USAF (Vet); Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director;
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Henderson
- OLD BUSINESS:
– Management Review;
- Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
– 25 October 13 Meeting Minutes and Email in Lieu of Minutes (for Nov 13) reviewed and approved.
- Financial Review (Long):
– Financials at 31 Dec 13 reviewed.
– Financials at 31 Jan 14 reviewed.
- Cash on hand $46,057
– Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Whalen):
– 7849 Volunteer hours YTD 31 Dec 13 v. 10029 in 2012
– 19179 Visitors at Peterson YTD 31Dec 13 v. 22986 in 2012
- Web Site (McClelland):
– 19578 hits on the PASMF Home Site YTD Dec 13 v 19368 in 2012
– 2308 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site YTD Dec 13 v 2464 in 2012
– The new website design was shown and discussed. The roll-out will likely be in March.
- Open Items (Whalen):
– Special events this summer will include STEM Fair in August and three summer camp sessions with Challenger Learning Center – June and July.
– Staff is attempting to limit events in the City Hangar to one per week.
– Work is progressing in the City Hangar to relocate the theater and revise the exhibits in the left side of the hangar (will also facilitate self-guided tours). Expect to be finished by Volunteer Appreciation Day in April
– Clearance to receive the Canadian F-18 is apparently done.
– The site plan changes associated with the Broadmoor Hangar renovation were shown and discussed. Roof, drainage issues, etc. can be done before the interior work begins.
– 2. NEW BUSINESS
- Curator Update (Whalen)
– See Open Items above
– Representatives from the Mexican Navy will visit on 7 Feb.
- Dick Burns showed the samples of the Peterson AFB photo poster for use at the Olympic Training Center.
- Dick Burns also showed a drawing of an EC-121 for possible use on T-shirts. It was suggested that a photo might look better.
- The Treasurer’s 2014 Expense Budget and Income Forecast was presented and discussed. This is the same material presented to the Board of Directors in January and includes the estimated $1.6 million Broadmoor Hangar renovation item.
Meeting adjourned 1030 hrs.
- NEXT MEETING:
28 Feb 14, 0901 hrs. Museum Offices.
James H Henderson