SUBJECT: Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0901hrs,
28 February 2014
ATTENDEES: Brown, John, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); Fox, Jimmie, Maj., USAF (Ret); Freyer, Gus, Col., USAF (Ret); Grier, John, MSgt USAF (Ret); Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Horne, Al, USAF (Vet); Kleveno, Al, USN (Vet); Long, Bruce, SMSgt, USAF (Ret), Treasurer; McClelland, Ron, Maj., USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Silber, Carl; Solomon, Ron, USAF (Vet); Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director;
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Henderson
- OLD BUSINESS:
– Management Review;
- Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
– 7 Feb 14 Meeting Minutes reviewed and approved.
- Financial Review (Long):
– Financials at 31 Jan 14 reviewed.
- Cash on hand $46,751
- Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Whalen):
– Volunteer Hours: 600 (est.) Feb 14 v 676 Jan 14
– Visitors: 913 v 1,025
– Facebook views: 1,592 v 1,791
– d. Web Site (McClelland):
– Website Hits: 1,691 v 2,043
– GOS hits: 212 v 329
e. Open Items (Whalen):
– Docent book on exhibits has been revised. Copy in the docent office for all to review and comment.
– Landscape architect’s renderings of Broadmoor Hangar landscaping, parking and roadway revisions presented. 21SW has the final say.
– 2. NEW BUSINESS
- Curator Update (Whalen)
– Galbreath has finished the F-5 model. Will be in City Hangar for Vol. Appreciation Day, then hung in Terminal building.
– Volunteer Appreciation Day is 21 Apr 14 at 1300 hrs. Some Vol. staff is working with Whalen on the function.
– Still have a need for additional Saturday docents.
– The Pikes Peak Regional Airshow is set for 8 – 9 Aug 14. Westpac is the organizer.
– Burns is starting work on a project to video veteran’s remembrances of their service.
– The STEM Rocks Fair is set for 24 August (19 Aug alternate date). There will also be three summer camps in association with the Challenger Learning Center.
– The Air Force Chief of Staff sent a reminder for all to eliminate unprofessional remarks about gay and lesbian couples.
Meeting adjourned 1001 hrs.
- NEXT MEETING:
28 Mar 14, 0901 hrs. Museum Offices.
James H Henderson