SUBJECT: Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0901hrs,
28 March 2014
ATTENDEES: Brown, John, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet);Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Horne, Al, USAF (Vet); Kleveno, Al, USN (Vet); McClelland, Ron, Maj., USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Silber, Carl; Solomon, Ron, USAF (Vet).
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Henderson
- OLD BUSINESS:
– Management Review;
- Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
– 28 Feb 14 Meeting Minutes reviewed and approved.
- Financial Review (Henderson):
– Financials at 28 Feb 14 reviewed.
- Cash on hand $46,435, Feb Operating Income $1,469, Feb Operating Expense $1,086
- Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Whalen):
– Volunteer Hours: NA Mar 14 v 634 Feb 14
– Visitors: NA v 913 Feb 14
– Facebook views: 1,491 v 1,592
– d. Web Site (McClelland):
– Website Hits: Mar 2,283 v Feb 1,691
– GOS hits: 227 v 212
– Roll out of the beta version of the re-designed web site has been delayed, but expected soon.
e. Open Items:
– Docent book revised material on exhibits and scripts for talks on exhibits not in book were present for (final) review.
– License plate number for visitors requesting pass to get on base no longer required.
– Website will be revised to make the 24 hour notice requirement for pass more prominent. VA cards are no longer valid for entry to the base.
– Galbreath has not finished the F-4 model, but getting there.
– Burns is having camera problems for the remembrances video project.
– 2. NEW BUSINESS
– General Discussion
– Volunteer Appreciation Day is 21 Apr at 1300 hrs. in the City Hangar. Invitations will be sent. Family and guests are invited, but number is needed some eight days in advance.
– The Broadmoor Hotel Archivist came to PASM and gave us copies of some original hangar blueprints.
– Silber reported that the Commemorative Air Force will have an airshow at the Pueblo Muni Airport on June 14-15, 2014 with several warbirds present.
– The group expressed appreciation to Jeff Nash for furnishing the reprint of the Peterson Army AFB newspaper from 1943 for docents to read. More are hoped for.
– Opportunities for docent group visits to Schriever AFB, Cheyenne Mountain AFS, Olympic Training Center and Garden of the Gods Park were discussed and met with enthusiasm. Hopefully on Mondays only.
Meeting adjourned 0950 hrs.
- NEXT MEETING:
25 April 14, 0901 hrs. Museum Offices.
James H Henderson