SUBJECT: Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs,
25 Jan 2015
ATTENDEES: Austin, Dave; Blanshine, Janet; Brown, John; Burns, Dick; Grier, John; Henderson, Jim; Howells, Glynn; Howells, Phyllis; Kleveno, Al; Long, Bruce; Miller, Mike; Mogel, Jake; Moyer, Norm; Pfennig, Tonya; Silber, Carl; Yepez, Linda; Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director; Nash, Jeff, DAFC, Deputy Director.
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Jim Henderson
1. OLD BUSINESS:
– Management Review;
– Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
– 23 November 2015 Meeting Minutes reviewed.
Financial Review (Long)
– Financial report for 31 Dec 15 reviewed. Cash balance $54,931. Year 2015 income $16,616 (51% is museum store), expense $32,312 (31% is museum store).
– Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers For Year 2015(Henderson):
– Volunteer Hours: 9,511 v 9,206 for 2014
– Visitors: 19,812 v 23,555 for 2014
. Web Site, FB through April 15 (Data from McClelland& Nash):
– Website Hits: 33,663 v 29,725 for 2014
– Facebook views: 84,696 v 22,308 for 2014
Museum Store Update (Blanshine & Silber)
– The store space has been expanded and re-arranged. Inventory will be expanded. Please do not re-arrange displays.
Director’s Update (Whalen)
– The CF-18 delivery date is uncertain.
– There will be a “heritage audit” conducted by Air Force personnel this week.
– Representative of DeMolay will be here to talk about Lt. Peterson, who is scheduled to be inducted into the DeMolay Hall of Fame.
– The Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station 50th anniversary celebration will we held in May.
– A new person to handle the water and snack provisions for the docent crews is needed.
– Volunteer Appreciation Day planning is starting. April event.
– Any requests for visits with a political purpose must be cleared in advance by the 21SW commander.
– Please do not send anything that sounds political to museum staff by email.
– Remember to turn out the lights in the EC-121.
– Bruce Long announced that this will be his last year as PASMF Treasurer. Volunteer(s) are needed.
– Long reminded all that Trip Advisor is our friend – ask visitors to submit a review.
The group moved to the City Hangar at 0955 to get familiarization on the two interactive Space and Missle Warning Kiosks.
Meeting adjourned at 1040 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
The next Staff meeting is scheduled for 29 February 2016 at 0900.
Jim Henderson, Secretary