SUBJECT: Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs, 26 Oct 2015
ATTENDEES: Austin, Dave; Blanshine, Janet; Burns, Dick; Harris, Jim; Henderson, Jim; Howells, Glynn; Howells, Phyllis; Long, Bruce; McClelland, Ron; Miller, Mike; Moyer, Pfennig, Tonya; Silber, Carl; Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director; Nash, Jeff, DAFC, Deputy Director.
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Jim Henderson
1. OLD BUSINESS:
– Management Review;
– Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
– 27 July 2015 Meeting Minutes reviewed.
Financial Review (Long)
– Financial report for 30 Sept 15 briefly reviewed. Cash balance $50,006 v. $49,148 at 30 Sept 14.
– Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers Through Sept. 2015(Henderson):
– Volunteer Hours: 7,122 v 7,343 Sept. 14
– Visitors: 16,284 v 20,497 Sept 14
. Web Site, FB through April 15 (Data from McClelland& Nash):
– Website Hits: 29,464 v 25,002 Sept 14.
– Facebook views: 52,656 v 16,448 Sept 14
Deputy Director’s Update (Nash)
– Discussion of situation awareness on campus for terrorism and, especially, an active shooter situation. Make your own mental plans to RUN, HIDE (but not in SIP locations), FIGHT
Curator/Director’s Update (Whalen)
– The temporary Driver’s License crisis caused by Homeland Security has gone away. The visitation process is now back to normal.
– The CF-18 is being held up by U. S. Customs. Hoping for November delivery.
– There will be a class for new docent recruits on Sat., 31 Oct and for two more successive Saturdays (after USAF v USMA football Saturday). Being advertised in the newspapers.
– The Museum Volunteer Manpower Document, outlining needs by duty title, was presented and discussed. Planning horizon is three years
2. NEW BUSINESS
– Janet Blanshine, Assistant Treasurer and Gift Shop Manager, discussed the changes in the Gift Shop display cases and the new merchandise ordering methods.
– Phyllis Howells was introduced as a new gift shop clerk.
Meeting adjourned 1045 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
The next Staff meeting is scheduled for 23 Nov. at 0900.
Respectfully submitted, Jim Henderson, Secretary