SUBJECT: Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0901hrs,
19 May 2014
ATTENDEES: Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); Freyer, Gus, Col., USAF (Ret); Grier, John, MSgt USAF (Ret); Guidry; Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Kleveno, Al, USN (Vet); McClelland, Ron, Maj., USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Silber, Carl; Pfennig, Tonya, USA Vet; Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director; Nash, Jeff, DAFC, Deputy Director.
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Henderson
- OLD BUSINESS:
– Management Review;
- Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
– 25 Apr 14 Meeting Minutes reviewed.
- Financial Review (Henderson for Long):
– Financials at 30 Apr 14 reviewed.
- Cash on hand $46,976; Apr Operating Income $1,342, Apr Operating Expense $4,610 (included Gift Shop restocking)
- Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Whalen):
– Volunteer Hours: 3,050 YTD Apr 14 v 2,944 YTD Apr 13
– Visitors: 6,707 YTD Apr 14 v 3,184 YTD Apr 13
– Facebook views: 2,339 Apr 14 v 1,491 Mar 14
– d. Web Site (McClelland):
– Website Hits: 7,952 YTD Apr 14 v 5,469 YTD Apr 13
– GOS hits: 956 YTD Apr 14 v 717 YTD Apr 13
– May 14 numbers, all categories, will come later as this meeting is mid-month.
e. Open Items:
– Al Kleveno has volunteered to be Assistant Gift Shop Manager. Suggestions for gift shop merchandise were discussed.
– Volunteer Staff meetings will be on the last Monday of each month – adjusted for Monday holidays as necessary.
– 2. NEW BUSINESS
– Curator Update
Pikes Peak Regional Airshow is confirmed for Aug 9 – 10. Set up Aug 8. Will need some volunteers.
The STEM Rocks Fair will be on 23 Aug. Set up on 22 Aug.
New Tri-fold museum brochures will be at the Air Force Space Command booth at the Space Symposium 19 – 22 May at the Broadmoor.
The CF-18 is expected to be delivered by the end of Oct 14.
Some walls and graphics are yet to be installed in the City Hangar.
The Vietnam War Commemorative time is going on now. 10 year span. Painting the F-4 or the F-104 in camo scheme of the day is being considered. (F-102 and F-106 were there also).
The color copies of the new tri-fold brochure are for the card racks around the city. The Black & White versions are for visitor use as maps while here. Both are in the docent office.
Gus Freyer is working with the Challenger Learning Center on classes for 5th thru 12th grades. Navigation is the emphasis.
The Commemorative Air Force Pueblo Air Blitz is June 13 – 15 at the Pueblo Airport. 6 to 12 CAF planes expected.
Meeting adjourned 1015 hrs.
- NEXT MEETING:
30 June 14, 0900 hrs in the museum meeting room.
James H Henderson